Starlight Chat Network
MESSAGE FORUMS

News:

• Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam
  • SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!
  • Chat Resort forum closed and will be done here from this point on.

News

Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam

chat server reboots

David · 3005

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
on: April 02, 2020, 02:08:56 PM
Just so everyone is aware that the chat server will probably reboot every now and then. Why is this happening? I don't know as I am still tracking down the possible issue that is causing it.

Now the good about this as well....I have had a setting placed in if the chat server is cause closing down it will now auto start back up. The only issue with this is the rooms will be cleaned up every now and then because of this issue. At least this will help limit the amount of down time of the room if I am not around to start it back up when it fails.

Hopefully I and the main server providers are able to track down what is causing the issue. I'll keep everyone in touch regarding.

“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”

― L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz

Offline THE BITCH

• SLC Fanatic
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 07:16:59 PM
Thank you as always David

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:26:42 AM
You're welcome!

Alright everyone just a little update....

There was a few minor behind the scenes updates in regards of the DNS. So there might be a time that some of you might have an issue logging onto the site. It might not cause any issues but if you discover the site in general, not just the rooms are not loading this could be the reason why.  These changes will hopefully settle some of the crashing of the chat server. I also made a couple of other smaller changes to the system as well so time will tell. Either way the other method still remains, if the site rooms crash it will auto reboot on it's own for the time being. Keep in mind as I mentioned before the rooms will be wiped when this happens. I'm hopeful the changes will help in some way. I'm still monitoring.

Offline Tiberius

• SLC Fanatic
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 09:19:19 AM
David

I am fairly new,  several years anyway. I am not this is the discussion place for opinions about staying open.  I chat in the Edge and very much find it a comfortable place to be and chat.  I would very much like to see SLC stay open. 

Thank You

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 10:25:55 PM
David

I am fairly new,  several years anyway. I am not this is the discussion place for opinions about staying open.  I chat in the Edge and very much find it a comfortable place to be and chat.  I would very much like to see SLC stay open. 

Thank You

Hello Tiberius,

I do appreciate the kind words. Thank you!  I'm very happy to learn that you have had a comfortable time on the site and in the room!