Starlight Chat Network
MESSAGE FORUMS

News:

• Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam
  • SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!
  • Chat Resort forum closed and will be done here from this point on.

News

Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam

Test Site

David · 2240

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
on: July 11, 2020, 12:55:13 PM
So some of you know I have been testing other type of chat setups out. Because of this one being a much older setup and no longer going to be getting updates. So the main one I had setup before was on two different sites. One was not shown to the public however and was on another domain. Very few knew about it only because it's not something I was trying to push. The other was on Chat Resort which was the VIP Chat part option. Much different. I decided to play with another option, but please keep in mind it's entirely different setup. It's a social media style setup, meaning Text Based style, with profiles where your avatar and information can be shown. Private messages are not even used in the "chat room" but directly to the person.  Youtube, etc. can be posted in the rooms. The bigger view of the video can be dragged across the screen to help with the chatting part as well. This allows you to still chat but watch a video that is posted if you wish. Don't worry to those who are on a slower connection, the video won't load unless you click on the image it displays.

Keep in mind this setup basically see it as is. The logos are not all in place, colors are not entirely changed either. It's the basics with a few minor twists and turns here and there. This setup is also going to be used as a way as a backup place to chat if the current goes out and I'm not around to fix it right away.  It will remain up to the point of the site closing as well.

https://www.starlightchat.com/main/

you will be required to sign up.....

So why did I bother setting this up? I'm a guy who likes all different takes on chat. I mean I been chat for years now. 20 years or so alone on Starlight Chat. That is not including Dark Realms and Chat Resort, and countless other sites I have called a home before forming SLC.  So at some point in the future who knows what I might do or not. Or I might just put something up for those who wish to keep in touch later on down the road. *shrugs*...no real reason.

“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”

― L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz

Offline Burleyman

• SLC Fanatic
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 10:51:16 PM
I’m with you on whatever you decide and whenever you go .
By the way , Sin City is closing , might be some folks moving here in the next week .

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:31:54 PM
I’m with you on whatever you decide and whenever you go .
By the way , Sin City is closing , might be some folks moving here in the next week .
Thank you Burleyman, you have a PM as well.

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 10:45:24 PM
https://www.starlightchat.com/main/

Going forward after I end up closing Starlight Chat, I will in fact start up something else using the above chat software for the time being. Please don't expect it to be like this current setup as it is completely different. It's more of a social group style chat with rooms that I am building up on it. I can appoint mods, etc  to a group as well. The reason I don't look to keep it on "starlight chat" and go forward with that setup is simply put, I want to keep Starlight how it is in regards of chat style. So maybe later on in the future I might look at the possibility of doing such. At this time funds, and finding the right person to write the coding for me, is just not in the picture. So as I said going forward I will backup and move the current test site to another domain, and start a bit fresh once the site is closed. So for those who want to check it out, join in now ahead of time feel free. Give it a a try.

It's a PHP Chat setup, that is user-friendly.  No Flash, Java, or other browser plugins are required to sign in.  Yes the chat is more of a Text Based instead of what you are used to with the site here now. But it is compatible with mobile devices or desktop as well. Images can be posted by just simply posting the URL, and hitting the submit button. It will display it in a smaller size so that those on mobile can view them more easier. To see the full sized version simply click on the image and it will open it up in another window. Youtube is a option as well. Videos show up right in the room, can be moved across the screen so that you can continue to chat as well.  You can have an avatar, but it's apart of a profile, Easily click on a persons name to simply view their profile or leave a private message as well.  For those on desktop you can resize the window to a more full screen view as well if you don't care for smaller view.

Anyway, as I pointed out I will put this on another domain afterwards, This is away for those who wish to keep in touch. Simply put it's just an option....

For those who don't want their Full Name to be shown, if signing up, simply put in your Chat Name.