Starlight Chat Network
MESSAGE FORUMS

News:

• Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam
  • SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!
  • Chat Resort forum closed and will be done here from this point on.

News

SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!

CR VIP Chat

David · 2299

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
on: January 24, 2020, 01:23:41 PM
For those who are interested in a different style of chat, one that is more text based, phone and tablet friendly come check out Chat Resort's VIP setup!

https://www.chatresort.com/vip/

Registration is required but is free, names can not have symbols at this time, text only.
Lowercase and Uppercase is fine. 20 character limit.

Inside the chat, there is a 1000 character post limit and a 500 character post limit to those who choose to use the private message option.  The private chat portion is separated from the main chat area.

One avatar, much like the forum, can be uploaded, nothing over 3mb size limit.  The avatar size maybe sized over time to a bit bigger size to show in the room than it is now, but currently it's at a default size to make sure everyone can comfortably chat via phone/tablet etc.

You can fill out a small profile option as well to share with everyone.

If you are familiar with giphy.com you won't even have to load up that site as you can search for a gif image right there in the room and click on it to post it.

Posting images is very easy! No coding involved. Simply post the URL of the image you want to share and it will post it into the room. The image will show smaller in the room until you click on it to bring up a full sized view of the image. Once again making it easier for those on a phone/tablet to view.

And one of my favorites....YOUTUBE! No more just posting a link into a room to open up and share with others. You can either\ search right in the room via the youtube search option or post a url to the room and it will open up a small video playing option. This video can be expanded and moved to the side as well, all while still in the room.

Now before you question why am I putting up this chat if I am planning to close the sites down in Sept?...well simply put it's there just as a extra bonus option. Along with that it serves as a backup of sort if the main chat server ever goes down and not brought back up in a certain amount of time frame. Plus I may eventually setup something like this as a option to just chat in, free of charge later on down the line just to keep in touch with those who wish too. Either way its up and free to use. I might move something like this to starlight chat as well. And I might tweak a few settings here and there too over time.

“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”

― L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz

Offline Jayson

• SLC Fanatic
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 09:09:05 PM
Thank you David for giving another option/place to chat.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 01:14:02 AM
Thank you David for giving another option/place to chat.

You're welcome

“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”

― L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz