Starlight Chat Network
MESSAGE FORUMS

News:

• Registration must be approved by Owner to help prevent spam
  • SLCN does not condone drama posts on the forums. They will be removed!
  • Chat Resort forum closed and will be done here from this point on.

News

Chat Resort forum closed and will be done here from this point on.

At Midnight

David · 3448

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
on: September 30, 2020, 06:36:34 PM
Well the day has come....

At midnight I will be closing the doors on Starlight Chat.

This day still feels weird for me. I never been good with things like this.

20 years ago I started this site out with a once friend, things moved along I started to run this show on my own. Out of my own pocket I been running this as it was at the time meant to be just a hobby, Then the site started to turn into a little profit, The support from the members ended up getting the upgrades the sited needed. Scripts that was added to help better the role of a room owner and the rooms on the site. Sadly it came to a time the site started to go back again, where I had to pay out of pocket. I continued to do this for years just to bring a little place for people to come and enjoy, even annoy (yeah I'm talking to you anonymous, peeking dickheads LOL ), for most part the site has been rather drama free. A few things has happened yes, but over all not so bad of a run if you ask me. 20 years! that is very impressive for me personally it's certainly a highlight to my life. So once again thank you for the support!, non and paid members. You made something of a hobby become a part of a job, and honestly a dream come true. I got to run a decently successful place.

As I said though unfortunately things have to come to a end. Sometimes sooner than one would like it to be. Honestly I don't want to give up the site, but I have really no choice in this matter right now. The software is outdate, no longer being supported. That is a huge issue. The main server needs to be updated, for security reasons. This is to help better everyone else not just myself. But because of the outdated software it doesn't work out so well. The site got screwed up rather badly and I had to revert to some older settings in order to just push the site along for another year or two.  I have looked around and there is no other software on the market right now like this. Well, none that wants to allow someone to purchase that I have seen.  But that is how the world can be right? I have looked countless of times in to find someone to help work up a new software, however that comes to with a bigger price than what I have now.

I will keep the forum up for a while, as I will be migrating the domains and files etc. to a new hosting provider at some point very soon. A much cheaper than what I am paying now, I will also keep this forum up as long as I can as another way to keep in touch with those who wish to do so. There will be a time it will close down for the move to the new server. Along with the new server I will be putting up a new setup of a chat to offer people. Another way again to keep in touch with everyone that wishes too. I will be moving that chat software over to a new domain in which I will post here when I get things moved and settled. In the mean time you can sign up and view and use at the following address.....

https://www.starlightchat.com/main/

I'll close this because I know I'm repeating myself with simply a ...

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the 20 years  everyone, the friendships that was made here as well.  I wish you all nothing but the best.

“Everything has to come to an end, sometime.”

― L. Frank Baum, The Marvelous Land of Oz

Offline AmB

• SLC Fanatic
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:48:40 AM
thank you again David for all the years we were able to call this place home. I miss it already.

.Nih's.pryncess.

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:33:44 AM
thank you again David for all the years we were able to call this place home. I miss it already.

You're welcome....thank you for the years of support you given to the site!

I do as well

Offline Burleyman

• SLC Fanatic
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 12:38:43 AM
Thank you for everything David , though I had not been a room owner nearly as long as most here , I truly was proud to call your site home . I’ll miss it here , the format worked perfectly for Me . Good luck with your future ventures , I’ll stop back here at the forum as long as it’s open .

Offline David

• The Boss Man
  • Administrator
  • SLCN Onwer
    • Starlightchat.com
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 12:43:18 AM
Thank you for everything David , though I had not been a room owner nearly as long as most here , I truly was proud to call your site home . I’ll miss it here , the format worked perfectly for Me . Good luck with your future ventures , I’ll stop back here at the forum as long as it’s open .

You're welcome,  thank you for the support you have shown over the time you been on the site. I do miss it as well. I'm just happy to know that some enjoyed their time on the site while it was around.

I wish you all the luck as well..
thank you

I plan to keep it up and going for a while at least, will see what happens in the future. There will be a little down time coming soon however as I will be migrating the files over to a new server, as soon as I backup somethings and remove others.